Penn State Wireless
Wireless 2.0 Overview
Using wireless connections enables mobile devices to remain portable without sacrificing the advantages that come with being connected to a network. You can easily move about within a wireless area from office, to classroom, or meeting without losing your internet connection.
Although wireless networks cannot substitute for the traditional higher-speed wired connections on campus, they can be a convenience for simple applications like email exchanges, web browsing, and presentations.
To get connected to the Penn State Wireless 2.0 service, you'll need:
- A Penn State Access Account.
- A laptop or mobile device that is 802.1X compatible.
- Review and follow the instructions for setting up your specific device by visiting https://www.work.psu.edu/access/dot1x/joinnow/
- You can also download the Wireless 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
Students, faculty and staff can access the Penn State wireless network from the following campus locations:
- Administration Building
- Art Building
- Athletic Center
- Blissell Library & Computer Center
- Conference Center
- Engineering Building
- Enrollment Services Courtyard
- Science Building
- Student Union Building
- Technology Building
- Theater and IST Building
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find all of the answers to your Wireless 2.0 questions by visiting the Penn State Wireless 2.0 FAQ page at http://wireless.psu.edu/faq.html.
Computer Center Helpdesk Support
044 Blissell Library & Computer Center Building
Submit a helpdesk request
Hours of Operation
M-Th: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
F: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Support
- Information Technology