Policies and Guidelines
If you need to request any equipment listed on the Media Services available equipment page, please adhere to the following policies and guidelines. Equipment is reserved on a first come- first serve basis, and availability!
- Familiarize yourself with our policies and guidelines by visiting our Policies and Guidelines page.
- There is a minimum one-week (five business days) notice to reserve equipment.
- Media Services request forms are available on-line only! Handwritten notes, voice mail, and e-mails will not be accepted.
- Requests are accepted for current semester only.
- If equipment is located in a classroom, please do not assume it will be available for your use. You are still required to submit a request.
- You must be New Kensington faculty/staff/student to reserve media equipment.
- All cancellations must be reported via the Media Services Request Form 24 hours prior to event.
- All changes or corrections must be reported via the Media Services Request Form 48 hours prior to event.
- If for any reason your request cannot be met, Media Services will contact you immediately to set up other arrangements.
- We do not sign out keys. If you need access to a locked media cabinet, please submit a media request.
- Lost or damaged equipment is the responsibility of the individual listed on the request form.
- If equipment is not returned and/or has missing/damages accessories, your account may be charged the amount of a replacement.
- All media left on campus devices will be erased when device is returned.
- Equipment that students sign-out will be due by 5:00 p.m. next business day. Equipment can be re-signed out on a per-case basis if it is still available.
- Please return all cables, accessories and memory cards that originally came with the equipment.
- If equipment is not returned and/or has missing/damages accessories, your student account may be charged the amount of a replacement.
- If you need to be trained on equipment use or setup, please indicate your specific needs in the comment field of the Media Services Request Form. A training session will be scheduled accordingly to meet your specific need.
- Do not let students set up or troubleshoot equipment, please contact Media Services for support.
- All equipment problems must be reported via the Media Services Request Form within 24 hours.
- If you need Media Support for an evening or weekend event, you must give a minimum notice of ten business days.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the equipment. Please return the equipment in the same condition it was given to you.
- Do not move equipment from the classrooms! You may be taking it from an instructor that followed the proper procedures and requested it.
- Media Services is not responsible for videotaping or picture taking since personnel is limited.
- Please return any found or misplaced equipment to Media Services.
- If there is any equipment you would like to have on campus, please fill out the Media Services Request Form.
- The Media Services support team will do everything it can to ensure your needs are met. However, your cooperation is a must for this to happen.
- Information Technology