The Office of Student Affairs provides assistance to students seeking housing accommodations. Also, a listing of affordable off-campus housing located in nearby communities available in the Office of Student Affairs. Refer to the Off-Campus Housing side bar link.
Adjacent housing is a privately owned and operated housing facility that agrees to conform to certain criteria as listed below.
- The facility does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, age, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
- Residents of the facility will be primarily Penn State Students.
- The facility is within walking distance from the campus.
- An on-site resident manager is employed.
- A tenants’ organization is established and meets regularly.
- Terms of leases coincide with the academic calendar of the University.
- Provision is provided for release from the lease if a change of assignment is necessary because of academic program requirements.
- Leases for the facilities meet the guidelines established by The Organization for Town Independent Students (located at University Park.)
The Nittany Highlands Apartment complex is an adjacent complex to the campus and unaffiliated with Penn State New Kensington. It houses approximately 100 students each semester. For more information, click on the link for Nittany Highlands Apartments.
The Penn State New Kensington makes no representation whatsoever regarding the housing or the landlords listed through this site. The properties listed are done so at the request of the landlords to assist students in locating possible off-campus housing opportunities. The Penn State New Kensington has not inspected or investigated these listings or landlords in any way and is not endorsing any specific properties or landlords for students by this listing. Penn State New Kensington disclaims any responsibility, among other things, for the condition of any premises, terms of any leases, treatment by any landlord, or compliance with any applicable local zoning ordinances. Students are responsible to inspect the property and negotiate lease terms with any landlord.
If you have any questions, please contact Angie Fisher, staff assistant, Office of Student Affairs, 724-334-6062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Student Affairs
Penn State New Kensington
3550 Seventh Street Road
New Kensington, PA 15068
- Student Services