Job hunters boot camp at New Kensington campus
COMMUNITY JOB FAIR
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 23
A national initiative by members of the U.S. House of Representatives to match those seeking work with those needing workers is coming to Penn State New Kensington.
Rep. Mark Critz, D-Johnstown, is hosting a “Job Hunters’ Boot Camp” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 23, in the campus Athletics Center. The community-based job fair is an opportunity for unemployed and under-employed residents of the Alle-Kiski Valley to find out which local businesses are hiring. More than 50 recruiters, from companies such as ATI Allegheny Ludlum, Leed’s and McCutcheon Enterprises Inc., will be available to provide information on career changes, including education and training options. Depending on a business’ needs, there may opportunities to fill out an application, submit a resume and even get an interview.
Current campus students and recent grads can learn about internships as well as full- and part-time job openings. Seminars on resume writing and job searching are a part of the program. In addition, aspiring entrepreneurs can attend a seminar on how to start a small business.
The event is free to the public, and participants can register at the door. Preparation by job-seekers should include planning on what recruiters to visit, researching the companies, polishing the resume, and dressing as a business professional.
For more information on the job fair, contact Sarah Smith, 724-434-2620, 1-800-289-2642 or Sarah.Smith914@mail.house.gov via email.
1. A.C.N. Brain Injury Network
2. Aerotech Inc.
3. Alle-Kiski Area Hope Center, Inc.
4. Alle-Kiski Industries, Inc.
5. Alstom Grid
6. American General Life and Accident Insurance Company
7. ATI Allegheny Ludlum
9. Boyle Inc.
10. Builders Guild of Western PA
11. Carol Harris Staffing, LLC.
12. Choice One Staffing Group
13. Club Prophet Systems
14. Command Systems Inc.
15. Community College of Allegheny County
16. Composidie, Inc.
17. Consulate Healthcare of Cheswick
18. Family Behavioral Resources
19. Family Services of Western PA
20. Homestead Unlimited
21. International Union of Painters and Allied Trades DC 57 (IUPAT DC 57)
24. McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc.
25. Med-Ready Staffing
26. Mountain Top Excavation
28. Nationwide Insurance
29. Nesco Resource
30. Newport Business Institute
31. Oakmont Country Club
32. PA State Civil Service Commission
33. Pennsylvania State Police
35. Presbyterian Senior Care
36. Private Industry Council
37. PSG Staffing
38. Quality Life Services
39. Right at Home
40. Safari Contract Cleaners
41. Scott Electric
42. Silpada Designs
43. Small Business Administration
45. System One Technical Training Center
46. The Callos Company
47. W PA Operating Engineers