Penn State New Kensington invites applications for an adjunct faculty member to teach the following course during Spring Semester 2014, beginning March 17, and ending May 9, 2014.
Algebra, Trigonometry, and Analytic Geometry (MATH 040)
- This is an introductory level course for the general student population.
- Course description: Concepts of algebra; equations; inequalities; functions; graphs; polynomial and rational functions; exponential and logarithmic functions; trigonometry; analytic geometry; complex numbers.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or closely related field required; one or more of the following preferred: teaching experience, Ph.D.
- Meeting times: Mondays and Wednesdays 1:00-1:50 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30-1:45 p.m.
Also, Penn State New Kensington invites applications for an adjunct faculty member to teach the following course during Summer Semester 2014, beginning May 19 and ending July 10, 2014.
Calculus with Analytic Geometry II (MATH 141)
- This is a lower level course for students majoring in Math or Science.
- Course description: Derivatives, integrals, applications; sequences and series; analytic geometry; polar coordinates.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics preferred. Doctoral candidates in Mathematics who are ABD may also apply.
- Meeting times: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 5:15 – 7:45 p.m.
To apply, please forward cover letter and c.v./resume to:
Dr. Hal Smith
Assistant Director of Academic Affairs
Penn State New Kensington
3550 Seventh Street Rd.
New Kensington, PA 15068
Electronic submissions are required.
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Note: Some of the links listed require selecting New Kensington from the drop down box in order to view campus-specific vacancies.
- About Us