Services for Companies
Continuing Education at Penn State New Kensington offers many services to area companies to help them develop their workforce and their competitive advantage.
For more information on any of these services, call 724-334-6010, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customized Training Programs at the Workplace
Penn State New Kensington has a long history of working with business and industry. Our dedicated adjunct faculty and staff will partner with you to assess your immediate and long-term needs, then custom design and implement training solutions to satisfy them. Our mission is to understand yours, and to develop your work force to achieve your goals and objectives. We will take a strategic view of your business and work hard to develop a relationship with you. We believe that only a partnership based on mutual respect will allow us to create the educational opportunities your people need to stay competitive in the global market place. Programs are customized to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site, at the New Kensington campus or another mutually agreed upon facility. The schedule can be flexible and convenient for your work force. An on-going program evaluation process supports a quality experience for participants and the organization.
Benefits to the Organization
- Support the vision and mission of the organization
- Create cultural change
- Build a common base of knowledge
- Encourage self-motivated workers
- Demonstrate commitment to life-long learning
- Develop a stronger workforce for the future
- Provide professional skill development
- Help identify performance gaps and assess needs
- Work collaboratively to develop action plans and learning objectives
Benefits to the Employee
- Provide quality education from a major university
- Offer courses designed and delivered for the adult learner
- Offer convenient locations
- Offer conveniently scheduled course times
- Provide support and follow-up
Types of Training
For more than twenty years, Penn State New Kensington has been recognized locally for high quality computer applications training. From introductory courses to high-level applications training to web-based instruction, Penn State New Kensington provides “hands-on” computer training for each individual on-site at company locations or in our state-of-the-art computer lab. If your organization has a number of employees with similar computer training needs, a packaged or customized training program can be developed. One-on-one computer training is also available.
- Microsoft Office
- Web Design
- Data Collection
- Exel and Grafting for Engineers
- Remote Office
Management Development Programs
Management development programs and services provide clients with customized training and developmental programs and associated services to enhance individual, group and organizational effectiveness.
- Leadership Development Programs
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Human Resource and Basic Management Skills
- Process and Quality Leadership Programs
- Project Management
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Programs
- Team Building and Facilitation Services
- Assessments and Customized Services
Faculty providing these training programs and services are professionals with a unique blend of skills including frontline business experience, solid academic credentials, and proven teaching/training skills. Programs are customized to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site at times convenient for your workforce.
- Blueprint Reading
- GD & T
- Industrial Math
- Project Management
- Electricity I & II