The Penn State New Kensington Dual Enrollment (DE) Program offers high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college courses at a 50% tuition reduction. The program enables students to get a real jump on their college careers by earning college credits while still in high school. Students participating in these programs may choose from a variety of Penn State courses offered during the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
How will Dual Enrollment Benefit Students?
The program is designed to encourage a broader range of students to experience postsecondary education by allowing the student to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses and to receive both secondary and postsecondary credit for the coursework at little to no cost to the student. Dual Enrollment helps to introduce more students to the advantages of postsecondary education and helps students have a more successful transition into the culture and expectations that are present in postsecondary institutions.
Penn State New Kensington offers a 50% tuition reduction, for up to two courses per semester, to any student taking Penn State coursework as part of the state approved Dual Enrollment program.
Dual Enrollment Program Highlights
- You must be a high school junior or a senior to be eligible for this program.
- A 50% tuition reduction will be offered, for up to two courses per semester.
- To remain in the program, students must earn a grade of "C" or better in each course.
- Students who have graduated from high school may not participate in this program.
- Credits earned are valid at any Penn State location and may be transferred to another institution in the same way as any other Penn State credits.
How to Apply for the Dual Enrollment Program
Interested students should complete and submit the following application materials:
- Dual Enrollment Application (PDF)
- Dual Enrollment Student Questionnaire (PDF)
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship Verification Form (PDF)
- Dual Enrollment Grade Report Release Form (PDF)
- Official high school transcript
- Official documentation of all standardized tests completed between grades 9 - 12 (including PSAT or SAT if applicable)
- One letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or high school principal
Completed application materials should be submitted to:
Assistant Director of Enrollment Management/Dual Enrollment Advisor
3550 Seventh Street Road, Route 780
New Kensington, PA 15068
Please direct specific questions to Danielle at 724-334-6019 or email@example.com.