Why Penn State New Kensington? Quality Degree Programs
Students attribute the popularity of the Radiological Sciences program at Penn State New Kensington to a variety of reasons:
- They'll have a degree in 2 years. Students like that they can complete the Radiological Sciences (Rad Sci) program after 24 consecutive months of study.
- Rad Sci students also enjoy the hands-on learning opportunities in a blended classroom format. Students attend classes on campus and participate in rotations at a variety of local clinical sites during the program.
- Students like that they get started right away. Clinical rotations begin within 2 weeks of starting the program, which is an experience other programs don't offer.
- They know they will be prepared. 100% of Penn State New Kensington students passed their ARRT certification exam on the first try last year, compared to the national average of 92.7%. Rad Sci students know that they will be prepared for major exams, as well as for a future career in health care.
Radiographers use their knowledge of physics, human anatomy and physiology to create medical radiographic images.
Careers in radiography offer flexible work schedules that accommodate various lifestyles and employment needs. Most of our graduates seek employment at hospitals and outpatient facilities, but opportunities can be found in research centers and equipment sales offices as well.
- Admissions Events
- Admissions Requirements
- After Admission
- Air Force ROTC
- Apply to Penn State
- Contact Admissions
- Counselors on the Road
- Credit Acquisition
- Dual Enrollment
- Evaluate Transfer Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Student Orientation
- Request Information
- The 2+2 Plan
- The G.R.E.A.T. Program
- Tuition and Costs