Why Penn State New Kensington? Technology on campus
A degree from Penn State is valuable.
You may choose to measure the value in the projected earnings of a future job, in the quality academic experience you will receive, or in the opportunity to join other proud Penn Staters in our alumni association once you graduate. You can measure the value of a Penn State education by whatever is important to you.
But, few people realize that the technology offered at Penn State New Kensington adds significant value and enhances their academic experience here.
Penn State provides valuable technology-related resources to students at all campuses. For example:
- Our Media Commons studio is available to all students and is equipped with everything needed to create digital media, like iMac computers, lighting, a camera and a green screen.
- Courtesy of the DreamSpark program, students taking at least 1 STEM-related course can download various Microsoft software titles free of charge.
- All students can enjoy significant discounts at our online Computer Store (e.g., save up to 80% on a student license for the Adobe Creative Suite 6).
Penn State New Kensington goes beyond the basics to provide the resources students need to get the job done. Our computer labs are equipped with specialized software (like Auto CAD and SolidWorks for engineers or the Adobe Creative Suite for designers) and our student to computer ratio is less than 5 to 1.
Our faculty are integrating enterprise technologies into their coursework, which enables our students to gain hands-on experience with applications such as Oracle Database and SAP. The exposure to these products has made our graduates very desirable to employers in our area, both corporate and small business," said Jim Rounce, director of information technology.
- Admissions Events
- Admissions Requirements
- After Admission
- Air Force ROTC
- Apply to Penn State
- Contact Admissions
- Counselors on the Road
- Credit Acquisition
- Dual Enrollment
- Evaluate Transfer Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Student Orientation
- Request Information
- The 2+2 Plan
- The G.R.E.A.T. Program
- Tuition and Costs