Honors Program Entrance Requirements
- Combined score of 1650 or above for the Math, Critical Reading, and writing portions of the SAT.
- Cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or higher in years nine, ten and eleven of high school.
Expectations of Honors Students
After each semester, Honors students are evaluated by the Honors faculty for retention in the program and for renewal of scholarships. Honors students must meet the following expectations:
- Completion of at least six credits of Honors (H) courses each academic year.
- All freshmen must participate in the Honors Freshman Year program (English 30 - Honors English - in the fall, and the designated Honors Seminar course in the spring). These courses satisfy the Honors credit requirement for the freshman year.
- Achievement of a 3.35 G.P.A. or higher in courses that count toward graduation requirements.
- Participation in at least one Honors cultural event each semester.
- Attendance at the monthly Honors Program meetings.
- Participation in the spring Research and Creative Exposition.
At the discretion of the Honors faculty, a student who has not satisfied the above expectations will be given a probationary semester in order to correct deficiencies and reach the academic levels required of Honors students. During this semester the student will retain their Honors scholarship. If at the end of the probationary semester the academic deficiencies have not been corrected, the student will be dropped from the program with the loss of their scholarship. Further, any student committing violations of the University's codes of academic integrity will be dropped immediately from the Honors program.
- Special Programs