Penn State New Kensington IST student, Marissa Russo, sits atop the renown Cliffs of Moher in southwestern Ireland while studying abroad. Read more about Marissa's experience in Ireland last semester.
Connect with us!
Watch a recording of our recent live chat with
IST faculty and students.
What is IST?
Information Sciences and Technology (IST) bridges the knowledge gap between the diverse fields of business and computer science.
- Build a solid technical background in networking, databases, programming, and system integration
- Explore the application of technology in the workforce, such as matching information systems to business needs
- Work hands-on with industry-leading enterprise software, like Oracle and SAP
- Practice the teamwork, project management and analytical skills needed in today's workplace
Students must complete an internship and a fourth-year capstone project. During the capstone experience, teams of students engage in finding solutions to the real problems of major local companies.
The IST degree program is one of four Penn State New Kensington baccalaureate degrees that can be completed in evening hours. Click here for more information on evening programs.
- Degrees and Majors
- 4-Year Information Sciences & Technology